Saturday, September 27, 2008

What to have on hand...

I thought I'd start off by talking about the vegetables, herbs and spices I have on hand to volumize my meals while adding flavor without the calories. These are staples I always have on hand in my refrigerator and pantry so I can whip up a variety of dishes without having to run to the store.

Vegetables:
Asparagus
Carrots
Shredded Cabbage
Yellow Squash
Zucchini Squash
Romaine lettuce
Spinach
Mixed Greens
Onions
Garlic
Shallots
Tomatoes (Roma and Cherry)
Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange, Jalepeno, Green Chile)
Sugar Snap Peas
Portobello Mushrooms

Herbs/Spices:
Basil
Rosemary
Sage
Oregano
Ground Cumin
Chili Powder
Italian Seasoning
Cajun Seasoning
Hot sauces (I have a variety of my favorites like Sriracha, Gunslinger, and Marie Sharps)

Vinegars - you can add a lot of flavor to your cooking with ZERO calories
Cider Vinegar
Red Wine Vinegar
Rice Wine Vinegar
Champagne Vinegar

Finally, I found this new PAM Professional specifically formulated for High Heat. I really like the results both on the stove top and in the oven.

With various combinations of the ingredients above you can add volume and flavor to your Jenny Craig meals or create flavorful vegetable side dishes to compliment your meal, leaving you feeling full and satisfied. No deprivation here!

No comments: