Monday, February 2, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

From Jenny Craig Gourmet



So I haven't been very good at keeping this blog up to date with all of the things I've been doing to my JC food to keep things interesting. I do apologize but hopefully you'll forgive me after you see this latest creation! It turned out so well and the flavor was incredible. I forgot what I was eating was actually a JC meal - and a shelf stable one at that!

Stuffed Peppers
1 Jenny Craig Southwestern Chicken with Rice and Beans entree
1 1/2 red bell peppers
1 lime
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2-3 dashes of your favorite hot sauce
1 tsp fat free sour cream (limited free)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Take one of the red bell peppers and slice it in half horizontally so you have a top half and a bottom half. Shave a bit of the pepper off of the bottom half so it will sit flat. Cut off the stem so the top will also sit flat when turned upside down. Using a spoon remove any seeds and ribs from the inside of the bell pepper halves. Dice the remaining half of the bell pepper and reserve.

In a bowl combine the JC entree, reserved bell pepper, cilantro, juice of half of a lime, cumin and hot sauce. Mix well to combine and spoon the mixture into each half of the bell peppers. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the tops have browned nicely. Remove from oven and top with sour cream and garnish with cilantro and slices of lime. Enjoy!

From Jenny Craig Gourmet

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! You are back.

LeAnn said...

Yum! I added in my ranch dressing packet too :)

Chrissy said...

Thanks kxross! I'm glad to be back. Just have to get inspired :)

LeAnn - what a great idea to add in the ranch dressing! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you enjoyed them.