Sunday, November 9, 2008

Turkey Chili

From Jenny Craig Gourmet


Wow! I have been away too long and I'm sorry about that. I've been busy with Grand Jury duty (over, finally!) and getting ready for my honeymoon which has now been postponed a week. So now I find myself with too much time on my hands! I weighed in yesterday and after 10 weeks I have now lost 22 pounds! I'm loving Jenny Craig and can't believe how far I've come in just a short amount of time.

I am a huge chili fan but I don't eat it very often. It's hard for me to stop at just one bowl! I was excited to try the Turkey Chili from JC even if it was a shelf stable food. As usual, especially with the shelf stable stuff, I needed to try to not only volumize but add a little more flavor to it. Here is what I did

Turkey Chili
1 JC Turkey Chili entree
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1, 14 oz can of plum tomatoes (chopped tomatoes)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
freshly ground pepper to taste
reduced fat cheddar cheese
fat free sour cream
PAM

In a medium non stick sauce pan saute the garlic and onion in PAM until translucent and fragrant over medium heat. Add the chopped tomatoes and the liquid from the can as well as the spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to combine. Add the JC Turkey Chili entree and mix well. Simmer another 5-10 minutes. Pour chili into a bowl and top with reduced fat cheddar cheese and fat free sour cream.

How much have YOU lost on Jenny Craig?


3 comments:

ilj2397 said...

I've lost about 47 lbs. so far! And I have about 23 to go (I think?).

Chrissy said...

Liz, That is amazing! Way to go on 47 pounds lost. I can't wait to be where you are. I have about 62 pounds to lose total so we're pretty close. Keep me updated on your progress!

Mary said...

First off, your chili looks really tasty . . . and you've lost 22 pounds! That is awesome!