Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spaghetti with Meatballs

From Jenny Craig Gourmet

So, pretty much everybody on the JC Forums have been raving about the new Spaghetti with Meatballs. With the great reviews I just had to try it and I was not disappointed. But of course, I had to volumize my spaghetti to make it even better and this is what I came up with.

Spaghetti with Meatballs
1 JC Spaghett with Meatballs dinner (defrosted)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced (you could substitute onions instead if you prefer)
crushed red pepper, optional
2 T tomato paste
2 portobellini mushrooms, diced
1 handfull of cherry tomatoes, halved
dash of red wine vinegar
4 large basil leaves, chopped
PAM

Heat a non-stick saute pan over medium heat and spray with PAM. Add garlic and shallots and saute until fragrant. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and saute an additional minute. Add tomato paste to a hot spot in the pan and cook about a minute then mix the garlic, shallot and crushed red pepper into the tomato paste. Add mushroom and tomatoes and stir well to combine. Cook until the mushrooms have browned and the tomatoes are tender. Add the Spaghetti with Meatballs dinner and mix all ingredients well. Add a dash of the vinegar, reduce heat to low and simmer about 2-3 minutes so the flavors combine and the meatballs heat through. Pour into a wide bowl and top with chopped basil. I added 2 T of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano, that I saved from my menu at lunch.

No comments: