Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Coleslaw with a side of Fish 'N Chips

From Jenny Craig Gourmet

I LOVE Fish and Chips and nothing goes better with it than a nice portion of cole slaw. I heat my Fish and Chips from Jenny in the oven according to the package directions after spraying the fish and chips with some PAM and sprinkling my chips with some Emeril's seasoning (seasoned fries, anyone?). Here is my recipe for coleslaw. Make this well in advance and allow it to rest in the fridge until dinner time.

Coleslaw
1/2 bag of coleslaw mix
1/2 carrot, grated
1 small radish, grated
1 small jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, and diced (optional)
1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 T FF mayo
1-2 T apple cider vinegar
dash of salt and pepper
dash of celery seeds

Combine the coleslaw mix, carrot, radish, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl. In a separate small bowl combine the mayo, vinegar (add a little at a time, salt, pepper, and celery seeds. Whisk mixture to combine and add more vinegar, tasting as you go until you reach the desired acidity. Add mixture to the coleslaw mix and combine well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow the flavors to combine. Serve with JC Fish and Chips.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose it would have been even better if I had planned ahead and had the celery seed in-house, but this lighter, fresher coleslaw is a hit.

I will be making this one over and over.

Chrissy said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! :)

shai77 said...

Hi Chrissy
You have two wonderful food blog
Thanks for the recipe and please contact me through mail if you can.
picnicfoodideas@gmail.com
Thanks,Chen.