Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jenny's BBQ Chicken Pizza

From Jenny Craig Gourmet
On the Jenny Craig Forums a lot of people don't have very good luck with the JC pizzas and therefore end up not ordering them. I'd like to share my tips with you for making the JC pizzas and they end up pretty darn good!

First, I like to thaw my pizza on the counter a good 2-3 hours prior to cooking. This will help it cook better without getting soggy. Also, you can rearrange the topping easier. I've found that the toppings tend be heavy on one side of the pizza when you remove it from the package. Also if there are large chunks of chicken for instance, I'll tear them up and spread them about evenly.

Second, if you can, use a Pizza Stone! I keep one in my oven at all times. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees with the pizza stone inside.

Third, add extra toppings! I added more purple onions and a couple of sliced mushrooms to the top of my pizza. I also saved a fat for the day and added some extra reduced fat mozzarella cheese to the top, over the toppings I'd added.

Finally, when the oven is preheated, place the pizza on the pizza stone and cook for about 25 minutes. Look for the cheese to be browned on top as ovens may vary. The most important part is to let the pizza rest for about 5 minutes after you remove it from the oven. This will allow the crust to firm up and prevent the cheese and toppings from sliding off when you cut the pizza. Then just cut and serve.

I hope this helps others enjoy the JC pizzas as much as I have because this girl can't live without her pizza!

No comments: