Friday, October 10, 2008

Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake

From Jenny Craig Gourmet


Anyone who knows me will tell you that I can't live without chocolate. I love it and could eat it every day. Obviously that is not an option if I want to lose weight and keep it off. I am so glad that Jenny Craig allows us to have things like chocolate cake, cheesecake and brownies in moderation and reasonable portion sizes. It's a great lesson that you can have your cake and eat it too! My favorite combination is chocolate and raspberries so when I got the Double Chocolate Cake on my menu the second time around, I also stopped at the grocery store for a container of fresh raspberries. This is also a great way to get in a fruit serving!

Double Chocolate Raspberry Cake
1 JC Double Chocolate Cake
1 container of raspberries
2 T sugar free cool whip (limited free)
zest of half a lemon
1 pkg of splenda or other sweetener
1 tsp water

Heat a small non stick pan over medium heat and add the raspberries (reserve about 6 raspberries for the cake), splenda and water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the raspberries have broken down and you have a nice sauce. Add the lemon zest.

Meanwhile, slice the reserved raspberries in half. Slice the chocolate cake in half horizontally and spread 1 T of the cool whip on the bottom slice of cake then top with the sliced raspberries. Spread the other tablespoon of cool whip on the bottom of the the top slice of cake and place on top of the raspberries. Top the cake with the raspberry sauce and serve.

No comments: